ExtraMile Communications is a digital marketing agency based in Stone, Staffordshire, that provides three specific services: Website Design and Development, Search Engine Marketing and Global Marketing Services.
ExtraMile Communications is seeking a Senior Magento Developer who is willing to push the boundaries of their knowledge and drive, not only their career forward, but to also develop the e-Commerce capability of the existing development team. The ideal candidate will have team coaching and mentoring experience.
The ideal candidate will be used to working on large scale e-Commerce projects for national and international brands. Working as part of a growing development team, the successful candidate will be used to constructing code to high standards utilising unit testing in a test-driven development environment as well as continuous integration, to ensure robust deliverables are obtained.
The successful candidate will be responsible for advising on the development of our websites with the sales team, and also making recommendations and advising on costs for sales proposals. They will have responsibility for website builds and work closely with the design team and the search engine marketing team who will be managing the in-build process.
They will be someone who can quickly understand a business’s vision and goals, and how the proposed website needs to perform and will have experience of communicating and operating at board level within client companies.
The ideal candidate will have experience of building high-value e-Commerce websites with complex client requirements for UK and global brands. They will have up to date knowledge and skills and enjoy constantly challenging and developing their own skill set, learning innovative practices.
The successful candidate will be joining a high growth business and will be used to operating in a fast-paced changing environment, working to specific timelines and wanting to make a difference to the clients they work with by consistently delivering exceptional quality websites and results.
A competitive salary is offered. Free on-site parking; 31 days leave (made up of basic joining leave, bank holidays, birthday and senior role additional days, increased by 1 day per year); coaching facilitator on site; Employee Assistance Programme; quarterly nights out; flexible working; working from home opportunities; working in a modern, spacious, open-plan office; working with friendly, dynamic individuals; a provision of endless teas, coffees, cakes and cookies.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and configure Magento 2 e-Commerce websites for a wide range of industry sectors
- Creating Magento themes from XD/Sketch files
- Capturing functional and non-functional requirements and specifications, and confident with linking these to agreed in scope/out of scope project deliverables
- Building integrations with major external systems including ERP, CRM, OMS, payment gateway system, middleware, and other systems
- Evaluating clients’ 1st and 3rd party data integration, technology vendor requirements, and developing integration strategies for the platform
- Experienced in agile workflows, processes and delivering milestones
- Experienced in projects from inception to client handover
- Participation in pre-sales technical project scoping, requirements gathering, solution creation & costing
- Prepare and provide client facing technical follow-up calls and documentation to support effective client communications
- Work closely with other developers to create standardised processes and solutions
- Keep up to date with all industry changes and latest methodology within the commerce industry
- A creative thinker who will generate innovative ideas in order to improve processes
- A motivator coach and mentor to the development team to share best practice and develop capability
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with PHP demonstrating expert knowledge and object oriented programming skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Magento2 and other e-Commerce platforms
- Strong integration and architectural knowledge of the Magento platform
- Exceptional problem solving
- Working knowledge of shopping cart development with shipping, payment gateway integration for e-Commerce websites
- Developing Magento modules/plugins in PHP, RequireJS and Knockout
- Frontend web development experience
- Experience in version control / Using GIT
- Experience with complete E-Commerce lifecycle development
- Troubleshooting integration issues
- Updating website features and security patches
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC and A/B Testing
- Build APIs that integrate with all major ERP, CRM, and other systems
- Demonstrate proven UX and UI experience
- Experience of PWA and Headless commerce
- React or VueJS experience
- Setting performance tasks and goals and able to project manage own tasks, identify risks and work to strict deadlines
- Flexible and able to manage changing priorities
- Confident communicating and presenting at board level and with global brands, with an ability to adapt communication style to suit the audience
- Experience of working within an agency environment
- Objectives and results driven with proven experience of delivering targets
- Commercially astute
- Strong attention to detail
- Good team player who can work with people of all levels / backgrounds